2020 Nuffield International Farming Scholars Application Form
Applications for consideration ahead of the 2020 Nuffield International Farming Scholars awards should be submitted by 30 September 2019.
Please be sure you have read and understand the guidelines and conditions of a Nuffield International scholarship before completing this application.
The Nuffield International Farming Scholars application package includes:
- Completed and submitted online application form.
- Current CV in English.
- High resolution portrait of yourself (at least 500 kb).
- A video (in English) of up to 90 seconds introducing yourself, your work in agriculture and your interest in being a Nuffield International Scholar. The video can just be taken on your cell phone or computer. Please record it in your work environment if possible. For best results, use horizontal view (not portrait view) and record it in a well-lit spot, free of background noise - see last question. Please note: due to file size challenges we welcome links to your video submission.
A number of Nuffield International scholarships are available; some have specific criteria regarding geography, eligible study topics, and different industries/segments within agriculture. Be sure to note which scholarships you are available for, and indicate those in which you have an interest. Scholarships that have an asterisk (*) next to them are available subject to funding being confirmed.
About the Application Process
- Applications open 1 July 2019 and close 30 September 2019.
- Nuffield International will identify candidates to interview for 2020 scholarships in October and November 2019.
- All applicants will receive an electronic letter from a Nuffield International representative to alert them to the status of their application.
- Applicants invited to interview for a scholarship will be required to travel to their closest or preferred geographic location to participate in person. There is no reimbursement available for this travel.
- The 2020 Nuffield International Scholars will be announced in December 2019.
- All 2020 Nuffield International Scholars will begin their travel at the Contemporary Scholars Conference in Australia in March 2020.
About the Scholarship:
Successful candidates awarded a Nuffield International scholarship are required to:
- Speak fluent English
- Review and sign a contract with Nuffield International Farming Scholars outlining the obligations of both parties
- Participate in pre-travel activities with other Nuffield International Scholars and management (webinars and virtual meetings)
- Identify an industry mentor and commit to submitting monthly reports to Nuffield International sharing insight on progress, activities, and travel throughout their scholarship period
- Attend the 2020 Nuffield International Contemporary Scholars Conference (CSC) in Australia in March
- Participate in a Global Focus Program (GFP) travel experience; travel will occur in either March/April or June/July.
- Complete a minimum of seven (7) to eight (8) weeks of self-organised travel focusing on your personal research topic. Visits within your own country do not count toward the time requirement. A spouse/partner is able to travel with you at their own cost.
- Submit a 10,000-word culminating report outlining your study topic, travels, research, and findings. This report is due by November 2021
- Present your Nuffield International scholarship experience and study report findings at a key industry meeting in your home country
Submitting your Application
If are ready, proceed to the application form here.
You can download a Microsoft Word version of the application here.
Questions? Contact:Jean Lonie, PhD
Mobile: +1 215 806 4805